What's going on?
All Rentals Are Free:
- To help facilitate the remote classes and work of the current semester, all computer and monitor rentals are currently free for students and faculty.
- Free rentals will be available through fall semester 2020. It is not known whether they will continue to be so in winter semester 2021. We will contact any renters if it does change.
Stock Is Limited:
- As we strive to support the needs of the students and faculty of BYU, we are limited by the resources available. All computers available to rent are surplus computers that were once used on campus.
- We are currently renting out more computers than ever before, and the demand seems to only be rising. As such, we ask for your patience and understanding as we work to find a rental that will work for you. We will always try to find the best computer we currently have.
- Due to the limited stock available and the current demand for rentals, we cannot hold or reserve ANY rental machines. All rentals are strictly first-come, first-served.
- If you ever want to know what is available right now, you can call our office at (801) 422-9355. Please note that computers are rented out daily and stock varies from day to day.
- Our main location is our office in the BYU Ellsworth Building, room 104. The address is 76 W 2230 N, Provo, Utah.
- You may pick up your rental anytime during office hours at our office: 7am - 6pm Mon - Fri. (subject to change, most current office hours will be updated on the home page)
Who Can Rent?:
- Full-time BYU students
- Employees of BYU
- If you do not fall under one of the groups mentioned above, unfortunately we cannot rent a computer to you. However, we do have computers available for the general public to buy.
Office Hours and Location
BYU Ellsworth Building
76 W 2230 N
7:00am - 6:00pm Weekdays
(hours subject to change, updated hours on home page)
How Do I Rent?:
- All you need to rent a computer or monitor is your valid BYU ID card, and to be a current BYU student or faculty member. Simply bring your ID to our office and we will take care of the rest.
- You are the only person allowed to rent for you. Parents and others are not allowed to rent in your place as the rental constitutes a binding contract that you must agree to.
We have a variety of both Mac and PC laptops available for rent. For more info on hardware specifications see below.
We offer both Mac and PC All-In-Ones. For more info on hardware specifications see below.
We offer Windows desktops in multiple form factors. For more info on hardware specifications see below.
We offer a variety of monitors ranging in size from 22" - 24".
Available ports vary and only VGA/DVI are guaranteed.
Rental computers can be rented from the Ellsworth Building during our usual hours. Updated hours and address are on the home page of this website, or at the bottom of each page.