What's going on?
All Rentals Are Free:
- Free rentals will be available through Winter semester 2022. It is not known whether they will continue to be free over summer or Fall semester 2022. We will contact all current renters if the policy changes.
Stock Is Limited:
- As we strive to support the needs of the students of BYU, we are limited by the resources available. All computers available to rent are surplus computers that were once used on campus.
- We are currently renting out more computers than ever before, and the demand seems to only be rising. As such, we ask for your patience and understanding as we work to find a rental that will work for you. We will always try to find the best computer we currently have.
- Due to the limited stock available and the current demand for rentals, we cannot hold or reserve ANY rental machines. All rentals are strictly first-come, first-served.
- If you ever want to know what is available right now, you can call our office at (801) 422-9355. Please note that computers are rented out daily and stock varies from day to day.
- Our main location is our office in the BYU Ellsworth Building, room 104. The address is 76 W 2230 N, Provo, Utah.
- You may pick up your rental anytime during office hours at our office: 7am - 6pm Mon - Fri. (subject to change, most current office hours will be updated on the home page)
- At the beginning of most semesters, we will have trailers set up in these locations to allow students to rent while on campus.
Temporary Trailer: South of the Wilkinson Center, near the MARB
Temporary Trailer: Outside Heritage Halls Building 7
Temporary Trailer: Outside the Cannon Center in Helaman Halls
Who Can Rent?:
- Rentals are currently only being offered to full time BYU students, staff or faculty.
- If you do not fall under the groups mentioned above, unfortunately we cannot rent a computer to you. However, we do have computers available for the general public to buy.
Office Hours and Location
BYU Ellsworth Building
76 W 2230 N
7:00am - 6:00pm Weekdays
(hours subject to change, updated hours on home page)
How Do I Rent?:
- All you need to rent a computer or monitor is your valid BYU ID card, and to be a current full time BYU student. Simply bring your ID to our office and we will take care of the rest.
- You are the only person allowed to rent for you. Parents and others are not allowed to rent in your place as the rental constitutes a binding contract that you must agree to.
We have a variety of both Mac and PC laptops available for rent. For more info on hardware specifications see below.
We offer both Mac and PC All-In-Ones. For more info on hardware specifications see below.
We offer Windows desktops in multiple form factors. For more info on hardware specifications see below.
We offer a variety of monitors ranging in size from 22" - 24".
Available ports vary and only VGA/DVI are guaranteed.
Rental computers can be rented from the Ellsworth Building during our usual hours. Updated hours and address are on the home page of this website, or at the bottom of each page.